Monday, June 11, 2012

Week 68


Goodbye Yu Nainai:
Remember that piñata party we had last month for our investigators? Well there was an 80yr old Mom of a member that came and wanted to be baptized. Did I mention her before? Well anyways.... We went to go visit her last week and she didn’t want to come out of her room. Her member daughter just wanted to talk to us, but I came there to help my investigator and so I was determined to see her. We snuck into her room and started making light conversation. When I asked about her 8 family members she freaked out and totally "ma'ed" us (scolded/yelled). I guess she only has 5 people in her family? She was not happy about us being there. She had an attitude?! She was so mean and yelled at us for a while, I finally go her to calm down when I complimented her hair. ha In that visit we also discovered that she has NO interest in the church or getting baptized, and never wants to see us again. I was so irritated in the moment, but once we left her house it was pretty funny. Oh well. It’s just not her time I guess. :)

Meet Tiffany:
She is getting baptized next week. She was a referral from the Taiping Sisters. She just recently moved into our area, and so now we get to help her prepare to get baptized. She grew up speaking Taiwanese and English so her Chinese is actually really terrible. The first day we sat down with her we wanted to watch a Mormon Message with her. We popped it in, and she wanted to watch the one from Elder Anderson titled: Your spiritual journey: You know enough. After the clip ended she gasped and said: "I have my answer". She continued to describe the process of personal revelation through the spirit. It was hard for her to describe but it was oh so cool. Moments like those is what makes me really grateful that I was a missionary. Being there for someone when they get to experience that for the first time is super cool.

Sister Porter:
She came all the way from the MTC missionary department to spend the day with my companion and I. She was doing some observing and interviewing for the new missionaries. It was super fun having her there. She is great. Super inspiring, and just all around really cool. She said that we were really great missionaries and got choked up a couple of times because she thought it was fun seeing us "in action". I remember her from the MTC, and she remembered me. My companion and I had a great day with her yesterday.

We were going to go out and shop with the girls today but it didn’t work out. We have ward activity coming up this week, and I am excited to go to that. I will tell you guys about it next week.

I am really happy. I really love this work. Fully expect me to come home and do some FHE training on sharing the gospel. It’s totally happening. Our family is way too lucky not to share with everyone. :)

I love you guys, keep praying for me. I can feel the difference.

Love you!
 Sis Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment