Monday, January 23, 2012

Week 48 - This was not a relaxing Pday... It was better. :)


Picking Strawberries



Jan 23

Hi Family!!

I just had a great time today. We went to a BBQ and chit-chatted with some people in the ward, we also went strawberry picking and took pictures in a flower sea. It was so much fun. I love my ward. They are so good to us! We don't have very much time to email today because we played too much today so its going to be choppy and short, but I still hope that you guys get the jist of my week. :)

The ward has us scheduled for dinner and lunch everyday this week. I am so excited. EVerything is closed during Guonian=Chinese New Years.

I found out a couple things about Chinese New Year: If you drop your Chopsticks it means that people are going to ask you out to eat. ha Their New Years Eve they make fish to eat but the don’t eat it all because fish is a sign of good luck and foturne and so they leave some of the fish uneaten to bring wealth and good fortune in the coming year.

Everyone give and gets Hongbaos - Red envelopes of money. We made our Missionary Hongbaos. We put fake cash inside and put a scripture on the back. It was really fun. I feel like this week is way way more exciting then Christmas. Ha

Ok I will tell you guys more about it next week, when I find out more and I have more time.

I feel like it has been a long time since I told you guys about how missionary work is going. I am sorry. It’s going good. It’s going really good. The Elders and Sisters of Tanzi have committed to really putting our heart and soul into the ward so we can have good relations. This week that included: Putting together a service program for the Young Men, going over to Ward Members houses and getting to know them, preparing spiritual messages and hongbaos, have a lot of members help us teach and going out and doing missionary work with them.

Anyways, I will tell you about Zhou Xing Ting next week. She is hilarious, and she wants me to be her daughter-in-law.

Being a missionary is really special. It’s totally different then you think it is, and so better in other ways you couldn’t even imagine. I have been a roller coaster mess this week, but things are starting to smooth out. It’s all apart of growing into that person the Lord wants you to be I guess.

I sure love you guys! Happy Chinese New Year! When I get home we can celebrate it next year ok?

Have a great week!!

Love Sister Lee

1 comment: