Sunday, November 13, 2011

Week 38 - I believe in miracles!

Nov 13

It was a good week. Lots of good stories for my journal.... :)

It poured poured rain this week. Its all clear and sunny now, but there was a couple of days I had to break out my tights. On Wednesday Companion and I were riding to go tracting and a random girl on her scooter rides along side of us and yells "Sister!! These are for you!!" I have no idea to this day who she was, but she gave us a huge bag of oranges. It was so random and so nice of her! On the way back from tracting to the church we saw this cute little man picking up garbage. He has it piled above his head on his scooter, and bulging out the sides. There was a line of cardboard drink cartons on the road that went through two stop lights. We pulled over and walked down the road helping him pick up his recycling. After we helped him get all his recycling gathered up we walked back to our bikes and Sister Rigbys bikes lost balance and fell over. The oranges went flying and then he waddled over and helped us pick them up. We gave him a orange to say thanks. It was such a great moment. I just knew that Heavenly Father was happy. It reminded me of the movie Finding Faith in Christ. There is a point where Jesus helps this man pick up a basket of pears, and the man gives him one to say thanks. It feels good to serve people just like Jesus.

Thursday was Sister Exchanges. Sister Rigby wanted a day with Sister Tan to see the way she did things. I got to spend the day with Sister Bryce. She passed off her phase one evaluation and I was so proud of her! It was so much fun getting to be with her and learn from her. We saw so many miracles that day. It was pouring again and we were on our way home. I stopped this girl at the bus stop and we just started talking to her. We told her about God and her relationship with. We taught her why prayer is so important and how you can communicate through prayer with our heavenly father. As we are having this lesson one of our members pulls up and gives us food! There were able to meet and our member invited our new friend to church. It was perfect timing and you just knew that God totally planned it like that. :)

Friday was 11/11/11. During weekly planning our apartment wished at 11:11 and then we all snapped a picture holding up one finger so it looked like 11/11. Sister Rigby and I placed 11 Book of Mormons in honor of 11/11/11. It was really fun, and met a lot of great potential investigators.

Saturday my 11/11/11 wish same true! I wished we would find Ren Mama. My wish totally came true!! She disappeared all week, and Sister Rigby and I were totally sad. She was progressing so well and doing so great, and then we couldn’t even get a hold of her. She’s been moving to a different place and we had no idea where she was moving to. We stopped by her house and she wasn’t home. We were writing her a card, right as she pulled up. Yahoo!!! She was so excited to see us, and she took us to her new house. Its literally in the middle of the mountains in the middle of no where. Its surrounded my a grave yard, and its gorgeous. We walked from one house to the other and back again, and we were able to review everything with her and teach her a lesson. It was great getting in touch with her again. Its amazing how much you love and care for your investigators

Its been good this week. I feel like Companion and I are seed planters here in Tanzi. We meet so many great people and have so many great lessons, and then they kinda drop off the earth. Sometimes its really hard and frustrating, but I don’t mind what kinda job the Lord wants to give me in his vineyard. I am just fine being a seed planter. :)

Love you guys.

Love Sis Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment