Monday, November 21, 2011

Week 39 - What a day... :)





Nov 21

Hi Family!! I love you!!

We just got back from a zone activity and it was really really fun... Well we just walked around a lot and saw a whole bunch of flowers. We walked and walked and walked, and it was beautiful and a blast. We are all sun burnt our feet hurt and are all really happy.

This week was a growing week for me. I realized that I hit my half way mark and so I did a lot of goal setting and reviewing... We had a great week with an even better ending!

This week at church an investigator sneaks in the back half way through sacrament meeting and Sister Rigby and I are confused because we unfortunately didn’t have any investigators confirmed for church.

After sacrament meeting was over we went up to her and introduced her self. She was on the phone with her Mom who we found out was a member in a near by stake. She said to us: "Hello! My name is Chen. I want to get baptized. What do I need to go. I have been to church twice, I want to know Jesus. I was in a different church before, but now I realize that doesn’t count."

We were thrilled. We were so so excited. That is the kinda miracle you always hear about but you never expect would happen to you and your companion. Before leaving the door that morning we said a pray asking for a miracle at church, and the Lord blessed us with one.

I have learned a lot about Faith on my mission. Faith brings forth mighty miracles. The Lord himself said: "If ye have faith in me, ye have power to do whatsoever thing is expedient in me." (Moroni 7:33) This area has been hard. We have had to say goodbye to so many great investigators but I know that the Lord has blessed us because of our faith, and I also know that there have been weeks we really haven’t seen a lot of success because we haven’t had a lot of faith.

I’m just grateful that the purpose of life is to learn and get to become perfect in Him step by step grace by grace.

I love you all so very much. Thanks for your prayers and support. You know you are the best family anyone could ever ask for.

Today at some points during the zone activity I felt like Mom and it made me so happy. You taught me well. :)

143

Sis Lee

P.S. Ren Mama is doing great. She came to the family ward activity with her son and they had a blast.

We said goodbye to Emily. She just isn’t quite ready. It was hard saying goodbye, but I’m really glad that I got to meet her and butter her up for the next missionaries. She'll get baptized.

No comments:

Post a Comment