Monday, November 7, 2011

Week 37 - Happy November




Nov 7

This week I reached my 6 month on the island mark.

Next week I reach my 9 month mark.

In case you guys weren’t counting. ;)

Kader happy birthday dude!! How was it? I want to see all your pictures.

Monday: We had dinner at a members home who makes xylophones. It was cool having them show us everything. Dinner was delicious. We got to introduce our selfs and it was great getting to know their family. Mormon family. 3 little kids. Last name: Lu. :) Great solid members.

Tuesday: Companion and I were tracting and we had an adorable Husky follow us around for 3 hours. We loved him. Its ridiculous how attached you can become to an animal. ha Delan I totally knew you were going to love that story.

Wednesday: Elder Gong from the 70 presidency came and visited the mission. I got to shake his hand and meet him and his wife. It was a great mission conference. We talked about being quick to observe. When you are quick to observe you see things that aren’t necessarily visible without the quite promptings of the spirit. Sometimes I feel like I am in Mommy training. I love my investigators like they are my children and I take care of them like they are. I felt like it was awesome mom advice as well as missionary advice. After the meeting we all the sisters got to meet with Sister Bishop and Sister Gong. We talked about the importance of communication in our companionship's and again I felt like I was in some sorta spouse training. It’s really interesting and amazing how the simple doctrines of the gospel are universally applied to all stages of life. We had a little question answer portion and it was really fun.

*We also decided to start celebrating Christmas early. We put up our tree and we have been listening to Christmas music all week.ha

Thursday: We went tracting again. We love tracting. Its been working recently which has been a great blessing! We went to go visit Emily, but no one was home. We were bummed out, and sorta sad we didn’t get to see Ama watching Karaoke on TV.

Friday: We went to go visit Emily, and as soon as we turned the corner to her house, we saw a huge bai bai tent up. (Bai Bai tent is a place where they worship their ancestors when they die. It has their picture up, fruit and flowers all around it.) I ran over to see whos picture was up and it was Ama. Our cute little grandma friend. Emily's mom. I cried and cried and cried. Grandpa saw me crying and went and got Emily. I felt so stupid, but I couldn’t help it! I loved that old lady! She is Emily’s mom for goodness sakes. Anyways... It just made me grateful for the strength that prayers and scriptures can bring in times like that, and also the doctrine of the plan of salvation. It was hard being all happy the rest of the night, but we went out and worked hard and felt better.

Saturday: I dont remember. Oh wait! Yes I do. That was less active power day. We went and had lots of great lessons with a lot of our less actives. We were finally able to get a hold of a Mom who hasn’t come to church in years and years. She has two great kids who haven’t been baptized and she has nothing stopping her from coming back to church other than not knowing anyone in the ward. She was so cute and so nice, and we are really excited to start helping her. :)

Sunday: None of our investigators came to church. And we cant get a hold of any of them. Ren mama found a house and is moving and totally MIA, Cherry is feeling like she doesn’t belong and wants to give up, and Emily is dealing with funeral stuff. It was sad. We have tried to get a hold of them, but still no luck. We still had a good day. We went tracting that night, and talked to tons of people. It was a huge blessing.

Today: We went shopping and I got my hair chopped off. Such a sister missionary right?

Work is slow, and sometimes its really hard, but its all soo worth it. I am still happy and really liking it over here in Taiwan.

I love you guys all alot alot. Help mom with Kristas wedding. Be nice to each other. Read and Pray and thank Heavenly Father for your gabillion blessings.

xox

Sis Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment