Sunday, October 23, 2011

Week 35 - Well folks that’s a rap. Like the kinda of thing a gangster does.

Oct 23

Today marks the end of my 4th move call. I am staying in my district with my companion, and I am SOO happy. I love this girl; she is my best friend on this Island. I was having serious anxiety that we were going to have to separate. We got the phone call really late on Saturday night. Once Elder Lindsey told us that we were safe together, I just started crying. It was so hilarious. Everyone in the apt was laughing at me. Don’t worry... we got in on tape. :) I’ll be sending that soon.

Happy Almost Halloween everybody! I sent awesome letters to all of you, and then they were sent back, and so I am going to resend them. :)

Ni hao! Nimen hen bang. Wo zhenda hen ai nimen! Nimen shi wo zui hao de pengyou. Wo xian nian nimen danshi wo zhidao shijain kuai daole. na meiyou guanxi. wo hai you shijian. wo ai wo de chuanjiao.

Anyways. This week was power up week!! yahoo! I realize that means nothing to any of you. ha Elder Lindsey gave us a "power" goal each day. He gave us all these tools to help us try and reach our goal. We promised to do our best to try and hit the power up goal. We were super diligent, and totally rocked our goals out of the water. It was way fun. He was a great District Leader. We saw a couple of cool miracles because of it.

We were riding our bikes, and I saw this girl getting off her scooter. I stopped and talked to her. She was just about to go into a restaurant. We just started telling her how great this gospel is and how much she needs it in her life. She asked us if we had eating lunch. We hadn’t yet, and so she bought our lunch as we talked to her about the gospel! It was so great. We are meeting with her tonight, and I am excited to keep teaching her. She was great. Her name is Judy.

Fun story number 2. The Elder in our area gave us a referral. Pan Mama. She is 60yrs old, and her husband has just recently died. She is so sweet, and has such a great heart. We went and visited her on Saturday night, and it was a great end to a great day. Because her husband died her husbands family is selling all of her stuff for money and kicking her out of her house. Its so weird. Its so sad. When we first sat down with her were small talking it up getting to know her, and then she just started pouring out her heart. Then she started crying, and I just ran and gave her a big hug. She hugged me so tight, and was crying so hard, naturally I just started crying. She has a heart condition, and so she kept saying: "I don’t want my heart to hurt anymore." It was so sad and cute all at the same time. She has incredible amounts of faith. She kept saying that she knows if she relies on God he will bless her. She says that she prays when she is sad and when she is in pain, and that she always knows that God is there watching over her.

No matter how old you are, or what walk of life you come from this gospel can bless your life. I feel like prayer is a big band-aid, and I know the Savior can help heal any wound. I love being missionary. Only because my life has purpose and what I do everyday is important. But the coolest part is that even when I am not a missionary anymore I can still be doing important things everyday. I can love and serve and lift and bless and inspire just like the Savior did and I don’t need a name tag to love everyone’s guts out..

Emily. Let me tell you about Emily. We found her tracting. She’s single, and works for a fan store in America. She is our progressing investigator. She is reading and praying, and changing and growing, and its so cool. She wasn’t to be happy and peaceful. And I can tell she’s going to take a lot of work and love, but she is so worth it. I am excited to keep you updated.

I love you guys. The church is true, and it changes life. Study the Book or Mormon, prayer for longer than you usually pray, do something nice for someone else that you don’t want to do, forgive and forget, and just love people.

:) Sis Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment