Monday, October 17, 2011

Week 34 - Wo hen kuile! That means I am really happy.


A Pet Pig!

Birthday Bash!


Oct 17

I’m being tempted!!

I have never experienced true temptation on my mission until now... The man to my left is watching the last part of Harry Potter 7?? I’m dying people...DYING?! But still surviving and not looking at his screen. Be proud.

All of my roommates write to their families in Chinese. Or they put Chinese words into their emails, and I think that would be good for you guys to be a tad bit cultured so that is what I am going to do to.

In Taiwan, if someone asks you if you want something you have to say bu yao, or bu yong. That means. I don’t want it. I don’t use it. It sounds so rude, but that is how you have to communicate with these people. Straight forward. I think we could all learn a good lesson form the Taiwanese. In some ways they communicate way healthier than Americans. When my companion wants me to give it to her straight she says: "Stop being an American." ha its funny... I encourage everyone to be more straightforward about what you feel and what you want. It’s the way to go. You actually get what you want or don’t want and you communicate your feelings.

Today was Sister Rigby’s birthday celebration. We all sang her Happy Birthday in our man morning voices as the alarm was still going off this morning. It was pretty funny. We spent the day shopping, eating and all getting our hair cut. We took pictures, and laughed all day. It was so much fun. Tomorrow is actually her real birthday, but tomorrow is sister exchanges so I won’t be here. I’ll be with another Sister doing some missionary work somewhere else. :) She had a great day. I know it. I took so many pictures of her today I felt like Mom. It was such a good feeling. :) Oh! We went out to eat today, and I didn’t like my noodles. I have been here long enough to taste a difference between good noodles and bad noodles. It’s exciting!

On Tuesday we were eating at our regularly Douhua place. We were leaving and the cute worker started talking to us. She was so cute and so nice, and started asking us all sorts of questions. She has lived in Tokyo, Japan for the last 20 years and was visiting this weekend. We invited ourselves back into the place and sat down with her, so we could continue talking to her. It was great getting to know her. We just started talking about how much our missions have changed our lives, and how grateful we are for the knowledge of the gospel, and how it has blessed our family... by the end of the lesson she was crying and telling us that the reason why she was in Taiwan was because she was there for her brothers funeral. She was really sweet, and we were able to give her a Book of Mormon. We got her information and we will send it to Japan, but I know she has the most important book ever. I really hope she reads it. It’s will change her life!

Remember that great investigator Cherry we met last week that was from the Philippines? Well she disappeared. She won’t answer her phone. It’s so bizzaro that this keeps happening. We have amazing great first sit-downs, and then they disappear. ??? Well we went to go hunt her down, and thought about lingering around the 7 / 11 where we met her. ha We didn’t find her unfortunately but, we did find another miracle sit down. She was smoking outside, and so we naturally started talking to her. (That’s what we do…We are missionaries.) Come to find out, she had been to church before and she loved it. We gave her a B of M and she was reading before we got on our bikes. We have a meeting set up with her this week. It’s going to be great getting to know her a little bit more.

We saw success and the Lord blessed us by finally meeting a couple of our Less Actives and Recent Converts that we haven’t met all move call?! We were SO excited. Because of their schedule and their stubbornness its been really really hard to meet up with them, but we got to meet some of them this last week, and it was great. We had great lessons, and invited lots of them to start praying and reading again.

Hmm what else? All is well over in Tanzi. I love my companion, I love my ward, I love my cute Recent Converts Less Active's, and I love those people I don’t really know yet. We had 2 solid progressing investigators, and they just kinda dropped off into the middle of no-where and so we are still faithfully searching for those ready and willing to change their lives and accept this gospel.

I love you guys. Thanks for updating me, and keeping me involved in your life. I love you all so very much. I pray for you like all the time. :)

Love you!

Sis Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment