Sunday, October 9, 2011

Week 33 - General Conference is just as good as getting letters in the mail.

Oct 9 - Read this one…it’s pretty funny!

I loved this weekend! I can’t believe that its over. I feel like this October conference was way faster than any other session I have watched. Maybe time speeds up really fast as a missionary because it even felt like the prayers were shorter than usual? Of course it was all really good and I have a million favorite parts but I will tell you the ones that are coming to my mind right now. Elder Scotts talk on memorizing scriptures. I have already memorized Psalms 37:5 "Commit thy ways unto the Lord, and trust also in him, and he shall direct thy paths." Good one huh? :) I also cried all through Sister Daltons talk cause Dad is like my best friend ever, and he had followed all of her advice to the T. It was such a peaceful feeling knowing that I am already "grown up" and have been so well taken care of by my dad. Also I loved loved Elder Richardson’s talk about teaching by the spirit. I just so happen to be a missionary type teacher and so that was something I really loved hearing. Anyways... Conference weekend was the bomb.

It was also Sister Bryce’s birthday this weekend and so we celebrated with birthday cake between sessions, and eating smores at night. Its so much fun living in a 4 man. My companion is my bestest friend ever. I’m so lucky.

This week was really good. Extra good for some reason? We worked really really hard, and I think that is why it felt so good. I mean we work hard everyday, but you know... its just that satisfaction you get when you hit your goals, and you are doing all you can type feeling.

The Lord blessed us with a miracle this week. Sister Rigby and I had to use the bathroom at 7/11 and we bumped into a friend. She was staring at us, and so we went over and talked to her. She started speaking to us in English, which was a pleasant surprise. Her name is Cherry and she is from the Philippines. She is married to a Taiwanese man, and she has to great little boys. We happened to catch her right after work. She asked why we were in Taiwan and so we just started testifying that our church was true. We asked her if she has time to sit down with us right then, and she did! We pulled up chairs to a table and we taught her a first lesson. She told us that she was lonely in Taiwan, and that she was having a hard time at work. It was great timing meeting her because she was humble and ready to listen to our message. She is so cute, and I know she really felt the spirit. We told her that God is aware of her, and loves her and she cried. Its crazy what miracles can happen as a result of a bathroom break. Tons of moments happen like this every week. Its such a blessing to see Gods hand in our plans, and in our day. Well Cherry was willing to come to General Conference this weekend! She came totally soaked it up, and left an hour later than she was supposed too because she was so wrapped up in the spirit. I am so grateful that we have found a prepared investigator! Yahoo for missionary work.

On another good note. Someone on the road this week was willing to set up with us, because my companion made her laugh her head off. I contacted this lady on the railroad tracks last night. Because of traffic I ended up somehow in front of her instead of beside her. Sister Rigby noticed so she rode ahead of me, parked her bike on the railroad tracks, and then went over and stood next to the girl and started teaching with me. :) We got her information, we set up a time, and we were talking to her about baptism when the railroad tracks lights started beeping and flashing. haha ok. haha. So anyways. My companion goes into panic mode and starts yelling and flailing her arms about as she runs back to her bike. Because she was scared she obviously had a hard time thinking rationally about how to get her bike off the tracks. Instead of kicking up her kick stand and calmly rolling her bike to safety she starts dragging it towards herself in the possibly the most incontinent way possible. Me and this cute woman were dying laughing. It was so hilarious. She was screaming and seriously stressed out, and all I did was cry with laughter. It was so great. I am excited for this person to get to meet us on Tuesday. She is going to love us. I just started telling Sister Rigby about what I was typing and she had already told her family, and so I am going to include her version as well. :)

Sister Rigby version:

Next story. Yesterday we were riding home and my comp saw a girl on a scooter waiting for the train to pass. We went over and talked to her and ended up pulling to the side to swap info. Im a dummy and parked my bike right by the tracks and got off to go talk to her. Right as I was telling her about baptism and committing her to be baptized (because that’s what we do here) I was just in the middle of "Are you willing" when the ding ding ding of the railroad went off and the lights started flashing. I immediately forget everything except getting my bike away from the train and basically yelled the rest of my sentence at her, didn’t wait to hear her answer and ran frantically over to my bike before the things could close on me. Obviously incapable of thinking rationally, instead of kicking up my kickstand and rolling my bike calmly to safely, I went into panic mode and started dragging my bike sideways, very slowly but not on purpose, my bike was seriously like, not moving. So then in my frantic state I start like, grunt yelling as I huff and puff my bike sideways and just as the things start closing I finally make it to the other side. This to me felt like an hour when in reality this all happened within about 15 seconds. I finally realized what an idiot I must look like and look up to see my comp in tears, screaming laughing and then I look behind me and the girl is like, wide mouth laughing at me. They were seriously hysterical. The only thing my comp could get out was, " You looked.....so .... Intense.....so concentrated.....and panicked! Why didn’t ..... you just..... kick up ...your kickstand!!?? "

She was gasping for breath. She thought it was hilarious and so did the woman I yelled a baptismal goal at. She later told me as I ran over I was flailing my arms about. Who we are meeting with next Tuesday :) As we were riding away we were both in tears laughing at how incapable I am of remaining calm and my comp says, "well, at least we know she thinks were funny, now she’s like, ten times more likely to show up to meet with the weirdo Americans." Oh good.

Well I love life, and missionary work. Thanks for all your prayers and love and support. I am so lucky to have this gospel. I am lucky to know that I am divine, and that I can have lasting happiness in this life. It’s all because Jesus Christ is my savior and Joseph Smith was willing to pray about his salvation.

I love you guys...

Love Sis Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment