Monday, October 3, 2011

Week 32 - Whata week :)




Oct 3, 2011

Hi Hi Hi family...

We went to an amusement park today. SOO much fun! The weather was kinda cloudy today and so there were only 5 other people at the park. We got to ride every ride as many times as we wanted, and we definitely took full advantage of that. The bumper cars man let us bump into each other for an hour and a half. I am so sore….so worth it though.

We had a good week. Every week is a good week really. We had Zone Conference, which was a spiritual pump up. We talked about the importance of covenants, and it made me grateful for my own convents I had made, and made me super excited to help my investigators prepare to make the covenants of baptism.

So we are still having a really fun time trying to find investigators. I know that there are prepared people everywhere, but the trick is that they don’t even know it. We talk to a ton of people everyday, and we set up lots of apts. People just don’t show up all the time, but that’s the life of a missionary. :)

We decided to start going places where no other missionaries have gone. Our thought process was that maybe more people would be more receptive to our message because they have never seen us... The places include the mountains, and little tiny roads that are inconveniently out of the way. We have been seeing success though, and so our strategy is working!! ha We got chased my a three legged dog, had a lesson with an Amah who thought I looked like Joseph Smith, and met a couple of really cute families, along with cute girls our age. It’s also been good because we have gotten to know our area better.

We have one cute investigator who is a nurse. She is so spunky, and her family is so Buddhist. We met with her right after Zone Conference and so we were pumped. We were really frank with her about reading, praying, and our purpose and it was such a great lesson. She agreed to read, and pray. Due to her crazy schedule we only get to see her once a week, but we have been following up with her, and she is doing great. (Her name is Yi Chang)

Our other great investigator didn’t come to church yesterday. I was about to cry/strangle her. She promised. We ran over to her house 10 min before sacrament meeting started and she didn’t answer her phone when the security guard called her. He wouldn’t let us go upstairs and pound down her door. She promised that she was going to come. She loved church last week!! I don’t know what happened? We were sad, and because she doesn’t have a house or cell phone we haven’t been able to get a hold of her. I’ll keep you posted.

All right, well I am super glad everyone had a wonderful conference weekend. Our goal this week is to get all our investigators to at least one session of general conference. I am SO excited I can hardly wait... :) Ok. Well I love being a missionary, and I wouldn’t rather be doing anything else right now. This message changes people and it’s changing me. I am learning so much everyday. What it means to be bold, and loving. What it means to sacrifice, what it means to listen and to find and teach by the spirit. What it means to study the scriptures, and how rewarding it is when you reach your goals.

Study conference. Read it on line. Eat it up. It’s the best thing in the world right now. Literally.

I love you all so much. Can’t wait to talk to you next week.

xoxo

Love, Sis Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment