Thursday, September 8, 2011

Week 28 - My Week


Nina...my atheist friend.

Cold Stone on P-day
Pink: Me, Green: Sister Liu

Sept 5, 2011

Every week Dad writes me what happens each day, and I love it. So that is what I am going to do for you guys this week.

Monday: Wrote you, rode my bike in a typhoon, and played with the sisters in my zone and taught my cute little Sandy. This is my favorite thing that she told us on Monday night. Us: “Sandy why do you want to get baptized?" Sandy: “Because when I prayed about it, it felt good, and I felt warm, and I know Jesus loves me."

Tuesday: Was district training meeting! So much fun. Its great seeing all my friends, and getting excited about each others success. Elder Huang gave a great lesson on the importance of asking questions. Asking questions gives us a chance to let the spirit teach. We did a practice where we could only teach the principle of Repentance asking questions. It was really cool because "the investigator" teaches themself and it allows the spirit to guide the lesson. It was a totally inspired topic, because as we used what we learned this week Sister Liu and I found our lessons were lots more effective. We have amazing leaders in my mission. DTM is always such a great part of my week.

Wednesday: Got a package from Mom!! Such a great way to end my day. I shared my airheads with my Sister Liu, and we both had fun eating American candy. The day was packed with little small miracles. Every single former and less active person we called that day was willing to set up an appointment. We were thrilled. Sandy had her baptismal interview and passed. :) We are so excited for her.

Thursday: There is an old lady that sits in a wheelchair in front of her house everyday, and watches traffic go by. Because she lives on the same road the church is on we see her every single day and wave. :) She loves seeing us, and we love seeing her. One of our morning apts didn't show up, and so we decided to go say hi. She has three kids that are all grown up and live in Taipei. She is 86 years old, and has the most beautiful smile. It was really great getting to know her. We prayed with her before we left, and invited her to church. I am grateful that we had time to go and see her. She’s great. Last week we met a great couple on the road. We invited them to church, but they weren’t able to make it. We invited the wife to a relief society activity instead. She came and brought the whole family, and we were thrilled. On Thursday we went to go visit the family and it was so great seeing them. They live in a part of our area we had never been to before and so it was fun taking a long summer bike ride out to their house. Nothing beats teaching families.

Friday: Nins my atheist friend went off to college and so the last time we saw her was Friday for lunch. She is great. She is getting baptized....just not yet. :) The sisters in the district next to us baptized a family of 4 girls two weeks ago, and we found out that they actually lived in our ward boundaries. So Friday night we met with the Yuansan sisters and our great new recent convert family. It was a miracle that we found their house. Totally 100% a tender mercy. We were just riding around and bumped into it. We beat the other sisters to the house, and got to meet the family before they got there. The mom has such great faith. It’s amazing how quickly you can fall in love with strangers.

Saturday: We ate lunch with Sis Zhang. She is one of our great eternal investigators. We ate at some place off the side of the road that was out of control good. I ate Pig colon, pig foot, and pig liver. I was really proud of myself.

Sunday: Sundays are the most rewarding day of the week I think. You work so hard with your investigators and members all week, and work hard to help them come to church. When they come to church you are SO excited because they get to take the sacrament and get super blessed. Sunday is like taking a big breath of air, and just spiritually relaxing and letting every part of you just enjoy sitting in church and helping your investigators just soak in the goodness! We met with the Shi family, and talked to them about their temple goal. I just love them. :)

Monday: Sister Liu and I went to Cold Stone! On the way we bought awesome matching watches and cute new skirts for 50quai?! So cheap. So great. ha It was really fun, and relaxing. Later tonight we have plans to get stuff ready for Sandy’s baptism on Wednesday and meet with the Ward Coordinator to figure it all out. We are also going to go visit her and have a lesson on Enduring Conversion.

I love being a missionary. So many tender mercies happen each day. Its so great meeting new friends and helping others follow Christ and seeing how they get to grow and realize how this gospel can bless their life. I love you all soo much. I pray for you, did you know? Until next week… :)

Love Sis Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment