Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Week 29 - I like where I live now! :)

The chicken sandwich that brought us together!
Getting ready for the baptism.


Saying good bye to the Zhou Family.

My English class friends.

Having fun with my Comp! :)

Sister Tan and Sister Rigby's convert that Sister Bryce and I got to meet.

Sep 12, 2011


Hi family,

I moved! :)

It was Wednesday night and Sister Liu got the call from President to be trainer. I secretly knew it was coming.... :) I am now in the most northern part of my mission. Tanzi. Its great. I think it still counts as a small city, but its a really big city compared to where I just came from. I am living in another 4 man apartment. Its fun as usual. :) My companions name is Sister Rigby and she is from Utah. She is like an in the closet cowgirl, and she’s absolutely beautiful. She loves to laugh and is so easy to get along with. I just love her. (I love all of my companions.)

Because of the special circumstances, I left my area on Friday morning and started move call a couple days early. The other companionship living with us is Sister Tan, and Sister Bryce. Sister Tan is training Sister Bryce. :) One of the members from the Tanzi ward took us out to lunch today, and it was SO much fun. All you can eat Taiwanese buffet. It was so great. The whole mission knows that Tanzi Ward has the most amazing members. I am so blessed to be here.

So yeah... There you go. That’s my new status. I’m up north, I live with 4 girls, and I have the best ward in the whole mission. I like it up here. Don’t get me wrong. I miss my companion, and my area, and my investigators. I went to say goodbye to the Shi Family and I cried a lot. I made them pinky promise me that I would see them next year at the Temple. Oh. Speaking of Temple. I get to go this move call because I am up North. I’m excited. :)

I was SO blessed before leaving Daliao and we has Sandy’s baptism. That was the only day her grandparents could come, and it just so worked out that was the last night in my area. We didn’t have any kid baptism close so she wore a big persons suit, and she looked so cute all swallowed up in it. She was really afraid to get in the water, and started crying before we got into the water. (She has never been swimming before) Sister Liu and I said a prayer with her and a couple of members that were trying to comfort her. After the prayer she wiped off her tears and climbed into the font. She was so brave and did it! She was still a little shaky getting out of the water, but we were so proud of her for still doing it without a big fuss even though she was terrified of the water. The Lord listens to every prayer big or small. It’s powerful.

Afterwards she bore the cutest testimony. She said how grateful she was to everyone who supported and comforted her before getting baptized, and that she knows heavenly father loves her because he comforted her before her baptism and made her feel so warm and happy after her baptism. She started crying and got all emotional. Her grandma was there on the front lines to see everything, and it was just a really special moment I hope they both remember forever. I will miss her, but we will be forever friends.

So I love my new area, but the only thing about it, is that we have zero investigators. None. Nada. Zip. I’m slightly feeling somewhat of a lot of pressure to find people to teach and to hit our goals for the month. My companion was only here for 2 weeks before I was, and so we are practically are white washing the area. Its sorta kinda nuts, and I’m nervous, but I know we are going to see miracles in this area. The ward is incredible, and Sister Rigby is great. We have a lot of faith, and mighty prayers to match. I don’t know what to do or where to start really, but I know it’s going to be ok. I know that I am not doing this alone, and that the Lord knows better than both my and I. He knows what this area needs, and where we need to be so we can find those people are ready to receive us.

Ok... I’m I still funny? Do my emails still sound like my self? Can you still see my talking to you through this computer screen? I sure hope so. It would be terribly boring to read my emails every week if it didn’t feel like me.... I’m ok right? Ok. Good. I’m fine. I feel better. :)

I pray for you like all the time. (Its true cause I really pray all the time. I’m a missionary) I love you my dear little family. Talk to you soon.

Love Sis Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment