Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Week 27

Yummy!

All the Sisters in her Zone.

Nice!

Stinky Tofu...it tastes as bad as it smells.

The track where she runs. (picture taken from her window)

Well I love my whole Famdamly... So much fun hearing from you guys. Everyone is so healthy, and doing so good! I am really grateful that the Lord is taking such good care of you guys. I am so lucky to be able to not worry about "things back home". Thanks for your love and support. I hope you liked my pictures! :)

I experienced my first Typhoon today. Sooo much fun! Loved every second. :)

Anyways...

I am doing way good. I love my companion, and she inspires me to be better everyday. We work hard and play hard. Our favorite thing is chocolate and singing while we ride our bikes. I can’t get enough of her.

Good week, good week! Everyday we pass a cute couple that sells chicken sandwiches. They are delicious and we will buy some from them at least once a week. We have been inviting them to church and to English class for a while now, and this Wednesday their daughter finally came! We were so excited. She is so cute. Her name is "Abby" and she is 17. She said her parent’s sandwich truck has been opened for 17 years. Anyways she met with us and we had a great meeting, she has great questions about the restoration, and she was curious about if we were scared about the end of the world. It was cool being able to tell her how because we have the restored gospel, and through Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon we know that Christ will come again, and those who follow him won’t be scared.

We have been meeting with this cute little girl named "Sandy". (9 years old, so well behaved, and so smart.) I met her at Abby’s parents chicken sandwich truck actually. :) She was getting sandwiches with her Grandma on Wednesday and so I invited her to English. She came and loved it, we invited her to church that Sunday, and she came and loved it. Remember the day we went on our beautiful mountain bike ride? It was because we were actually trying to find her house. We have been meeting with her and she has been praying and reading everyday. Because she is so little, we were worried that she was just doing what we told her to do because she likes us, and she wasn’t really gaining her own testimony. When we asked her why she reads the Book of Mormon and prays she answered: It’s because I know God loves me. She has such pure faith, and it’s inspiring. Meeting with her reminds me of the scripture in 3 Nephi 11:38 "And again I say unto you, ye must repent, and be baptized in my name, and become as a little child, or ye can not in nowise inherit the kingdom of God. :) Her Grandma is so great to her. We are so grateful that Grandma is willing to bring her to English and to church. (She lives with Grandma because her parents got divorced when she was really young and her mom up and left, as well as her dad.) Well On Wednesday night after English the Elders had a baptism and she was able to go. She really liked it, and is excited for her own baptism. Sister Liu and I love her. She is so full of life, and so willing to be a good girl and follow Jesus.

I love my mission because of the people I meet and fall in love with. :)

I love you guys so much! I pray for you everyday. Did you know that?

Love Sis Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment