Monday, August 22, 2011

Week 26

Sister Guo's Baptism
Sister Liu

Sister Museus and Friends!

She made her bike ugly.

Her church building.

Sister Liu is the best. We have so much fun together.

Last P-day we waited for Sister Museus family to come and pick her up. They never showed up. haha So we got to go back to the Hotel on Tuesday and meet up with them. It was so weird seeing her see her family for the first time in a year and a half. They took us out to lunch after words and we got to meet her family, and tell them about what it is like being a missionary in Taiwan. It was really fun. :)

Because Sister Museus has been so excited to go home all last move call, I felt like I had one foot in America, and one foot in Taiwan. Now I am totally submerged in the culture and language and I love it.

Yesterday I had a moment where I felt like I was in a movie. We had went to go visit one of our investigators and drop off her Book of Mormon, her house is somewhere we had never been before and we had asked a friendly neighbor if the road we were on would take us to our next apt. He said it would, but we would be going up a mountain. We decided to take a chance, and go check it out. Sure enough, it was a full on mountain, and it was SOO beautiful! There were rolling hills, and beautiful trees, and the sun was setting! I was squealing because I was loving it so much. We passed a really cool christian graveyard, and pineapple fields! It was both our first time seeing a pineapple field, so we pulled over and just soaked in the moment. There was a point where we were riding next to each other singing, "I love to see the temple" Sister Liu in Chinese and Me in English. It was just a small moment, but it was a really strong testimony to me of how worthwhile our message is. Two different girls from different sides of the world, with a special bond, because we both share the same testimony. Our foundation in Christ is what wakes us up in the morning and determines what happens to us that day. The truth of the gospel is that real, and that powerful, that we were willing to make choices in our life that lead us up to that moment singing on our bikes, about how we want to have a forever family. I know it sounds really cheesy, and it kinda was, but it was really cool and I will never forget it. :) Our friendly neighbor was right, the mountain path did eventually lead into our next apts neighbor hood. Yesterday was the best day ever.

This week we went to go eat bing, and on the wall were about a hundred phone numbers. We got 2 referrals and one new investigators from the first number that we called off the wall. It was a good lunch. ha We told the Elders about it at English that night, and after class we heard them discussing that they were going to get bing later on that day. ha funny funny. :)

CDTM was on Thursday, and it was great seeing President and Sister Bishop. The topic was on mighty prayer, and what miracles can be produced form praying with a sincere and humble heart. It was really great, and just what I needed.

I love you all so much. Thanks for writing me, and telling me about life and what’s going on. I love hearing about it. You are the best. I have the best family in the world thanks for supporting me in my decision to serve a mission. It is the most important thing I could be doing right now. I love every second of it. :) This message changes lives, and I get to see that first hand everyday. This church is not how I live but why I live.

:)

Love you all,

Sis Lee

1 comment: