Monday, August 22, 2011

Week 24

Hey Everyone...

I loved all the families emails. I got a double load because of the last week mix up. :) Thanks everyone. I love you all. I hope you all have a great week of school!

Today we went to Monkey Mountain and it was so fun. We saw real live monkeys way up close. They were all just chillen there swinging in the trees. It is Sister Museus last P-day and so I’m glad we went and did something really fun.

In just a couple of min we are going to pick up my new companion! Sister Museus is leaving on a "mini move call", (which means she leaves off of schedule so she can start school) so we were together for an extra 2 weeks. We are going to be in a threesome with Sister Liu for the last week before she leaves. I am so excited to have a Taiwanese companion. I didn’t expect to get one so soon, but I am way excited! She is so nice, and such a good teacher. I have seen her at zone conferences and stuff and I am so excited. Ill take a pictures tonight and show you guys next week. :) (We are staying in the area-Daliao)

Monday and Tuesday were awesome. Its always way fun being on sister exchanges. Sister Cooper made me spray paint my bike. I was way sad. haha Its kinda fun having it be ugly. Anyways...

We have been teaching a family with the Elders. Kinda crazy huh? The Elders first contacted the family and had been teaching them for a while. The whole family frequently comes to church, but the oldest daughter Kina is the one who is really progressing and so the Elders asked us to start teaching her. She is incredible. She comes to my English class every week, and I see her every Sunday. Her best friends are the Bishops girls, and so she is always around. She is so ready to get baptized. We set up her baptismal interview and she passed! We were so happy and so excited for her. Early in the week she was concerned that she didn’t have her own testimony and so she wasn’t ready to get baptized. We taught her a lesson this week about what it means to have a testimony, and how a testimony comes through the bearing of it. We invited her to share her testimony on Sunday, and she did! I was so moved I was of course balling in the congregation. It was so pure and so true. It was such a big deal for a little 14 year old, but she did it, and we were so proud. We are just now praying for a miracle, and that she gets her mom to sign her baptismal record so she can get baptized. It’s amazing how in bearing a small testimony can have such a big impact. It reminds me of Alma 37:6-7 "by small and simple things, great things are come to pass"

This week was going by ok until we counted numbers at the end of the week, and we realized that our progressing investigators ahve stopped progressing?? It was mildly depressing to say the least. Its so hard to see people you love not be able to reach their full potential. Ya know? I know the Lord knows best. He will take care of this area. Poor Sister Liu is going to be stressed out her first week here. ha

Ok I gotta jet.

Thanks so much for all your prayers and support. I love you guys so much, and pray for you everyday. I feel like I say that every week, but its true, and I mean it. :)

Love Sis Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment