Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Week 21

Family!!

Every time I sit down to email I think about how much time has passed. I don’t know why it only happens when I am trying to write a subject line for my emails but it does. :)

This week’s email home is going to be really good, because it is full of stories.

I had my first Zone Conference, and it was everything I thought it was going to be and more. It was educational, fun, inspiring, exhausting and rejuvenating. President Bishop talked about having the "Faith to move mountains". He related it to our personal lives, and what we could be doing better as missionaries to move our personal "mountains: in order to continue our spiritual progression. He also talked about how we could help our investigators overcome their personal mountains. It was exactly what we needed to hear, and it was a great day. I got a package from Mom and it was so fun.

We met an adorable new investigator this week. Her name is "Nina" and we met her at English. She is 18 and working as a waitress as she goes through school. Her English is fantastic and so are her questions about our message. She is atheist, and doesn’t believe that we have a soul. We were able to share with her the Plan of Salvation and that God is our Heavenly Father. It was so interesting watching her, and seeing her try and wrap her brain around the idea that we live forever and that we have purpose to our life. It’s a crazy concept to think about at first, but its something that our spirit recognizes and seeing her recognize a portion of that was so touching. We had her say her first prayer in her life, and it was so sweet to hear. She agreed to come to church, and had such a great time. I am so thankful to the members in our ward for taking care of her, and accepting her. Everything that was said was so perfect for her to hear, and it was so cool being there to answer her questions. This Gospel changes lives. I see it everyday and its incredible.

Saturday was such a crazy day. We had 2 baptismal interviews set up, but after everything was said and done, we were only able to actually have one. ha Elder Wyatt was traveling from a different city to do our interviews for us and on the way over his bike tire popped. He ran 4 miles in the rain to make it to the interview. Talk about dedicated? haha We are so grateful to him! He was bright red and soaked, but he was able to do Sisters Guo interview and she passed! She is the Mom from China. Her mother in-law was the lady who has met with the missionaries since 1981. (We still haven’t been able to meet with her, but its a work in progress. Remember her? Her husband is so less active he didn’t know he was a member. Now we get to work on getting this family to go to the Temple!

No worries our other interview was Wang Zi Yun. She is the cute 17 year old who wants to go on a mission. She is doing her baptismal interview next week. :) Yay!!

There is nothing more important I could be doing with my life right now. In Preach my Gospel there is a part that says, "As your understanding of the Atonement grows, your desire to share the gospel will increase." (something like that) But you guys it’s so true! The center of our message is Jesus Christ and its of great value and importance. He is the reason why we have a forever family, and all the blessings that we do. Having a Christ centered home is so important, and everyday that’s what I get to share with people. We can all do a better job of keeping him in the center of our lives. I know we will be better at understanding what our Heavenly Father has planned for us if we learn of him and his son. We got to tell Nina about them for the first time in her life this week. We are so lucky to have the knowledge that they exist. I love being a missionary. Ok so as I write this to you, there is a man to my right who keeps asking me questions about being a missionary. :) I love being able to tell him all about why I am in Taiwan, and what I do. I was talking to his wife and daughter a little bit earlier. They were watching him play Mario Cart. ha anyways... It’s such a special work and I'm so grateful that I can be apart of it. It sounds so "missionaryish" but its true.

I love you all so so much.

Love Sister Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment