Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Week 20

Family!!

4th of July was not anything like the 4th of July in Utah, but still really fun. :) We went out to an "American Restaurant" and then took pictures and walked along a dock. It was mostly just fun being together. I forgot to mention but 2 Sundays ago there was an American couple that moved into our ward. They are teaching English at the high school and so last week we took them around town. They are way nice, and it’s good being able to take care of them and show them where things are. It’s kinda weird for me though because there is such a big difference between living here and being a missionary here ya know? After showing them around and playing with all the other missionaries they took us out to get "mango ice" and I wrote my name on the wall. :)

We had a great day yesterday. We have been meeting with Hong Xing Lei for about 2 months. She has been coming to English, but it’s been hard getting her to come to church. Because her time is so uncertain we have a hard time meeting up with her. We have only been able to teach her the first lesson. Anyways... after inviting her to church for 8 Sundays in a row she came yesterday!! It was soo good having her there. The members were really great and took good care of her. The members that she actually clicked with were members I had never met before. They were only visiting our ward for the week, but for some reason she opened up to them and told them about all sorts of concerns we weren’t aware of. Her Dad died when she was really young, and so her Uncle had taken care of her while she was growing up, but he passed away as well. So sad huh! She was really upset not knowing where they were and what was going to happen to them. Sister Cai, and Sister Xue were awesome and told her about the Plan of Salvation and about Temple work. How we have missionaries in Heaven and how we can help them get baptized here on earth. Xing Lei was so touched that she started balling and was so relieved to hear about the Plan of Salvation. It was really sweet, and it was one of the highlights of the week.

Another highlight was that I got to go to a "Specialized Training Meeting". The Mission President and his wife came down along with the assistants and they had a great training on the Fundamentals of Preach My Gospel. It was from 8:00-8:00 and I learned so much. It was really great because I got to see all my MTC companions. There is some kind of a special bond with a companion that you can’t describe. Its like they are like family, but closer because you did something really hard together. It was a great day.

This Thursday I get to see most of them again, because it’s Zone Conference. My companion is giving her reflection talk cause she is going home at the end of the move-call. It’s so weird? Anyways. :)

There are 300 people on our ward list but only 50 are active. Crazy huh? Since Sister Museus and I are both fairly new to the area we thought that it would be a good idea to try and find part member families that we could start teaching and so we could start adding more people to our teaching pool. So this week has been a lot of hide and go seek. ha But its been nice cause we have gotten to know the area, and have found places with lots of good tracting. I also feel like we are updating the ward list for the Bishop. A lot of people have moved, and a lot have wrong numbers. It’s been a process, but I really think it will work out and we will be able to find those families the Lord wants us to help.

All of our main progressing investigators have big problems preventing them from baptism. It’s so hard to see people so close and then stumble. I imagine it’s a lot like what a parent feels about their kids who are having a hard time. Anyways this week Sister Museus and I have thought really long and hard about what we can do to help them increase their Faith and continue on progressing. Remember that investigator who wants to serve a mission? Her parents won’t let her get baptized. Its ok though. It will all work out in the Lords way and the Lords timing.

I sure love you guys. My mission is so amazing and I feel so blessed that I could be here in Taiwan. I’m learning more and more each day. It’s hard work, but it’s worth it. I wish you could be here to meet all these cute people that I talk about. They feel like my family. Tonight we have a lesson with Sister Meng about Temples and I’m really excited. :)

Keep loving each other and having family prayers and scriptures study. I know its the summer, but its when you don’t want to do something is when you need it the most. :)

I love you all and pray for you everyday!!

Love Sister Camille Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment