Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Week 19

July 3

The 4th of July weekend sounded like a dream. It actually sounds like every other year. ha But it’s my favorite holiday, and I feel like I was right there with you.

I am excited to hear how girls camp was for Paigey! I got Miranda’s letter, and will probably have to write her back next week because I won’t have time this pday. We are going out to eat at an American restaurant with the same group of awesome single members from the other ward in our stake. It should be fun. I’ll tell you guys all about it next week. I loved her letter! Miranda go to school. Do scholarships all summer long. Make it your part time job. You won’t regret it. You will have enough money for everything. Promise Promise. That’s what I’m doing when I get back from my mission. ha

Thanks for the pictures. They were my favorite part. I feel like I haven’t seen Delan in a while. I loved his communications badge letter. I totally could read it without peeking at the bottom. Sorry I don’t have any pictures for you guys this week. After today I will. Keep them coming!

Sunday was my favorite day this week. It felt like home, and I was so ridiculously happy.

I’ll tell you why:

*Sister Meng was called to serve as the second counselor in the Primary Presidency. She gets to serve with Brother Shi's wife. I’m so excited for them. When everyone sustained her I cried.

*Brother Shi was able to pass the Sacrament for the first time. He was so nervous, but did a great job. His little boy Andy was so excited to see him, that he ran up to him and took the Sacrament form his Daddy’s tray. It was so cool I started crying.

*I went to Sunday School with the youth and they did a special "Welcome the Achievement Day girls into Young Women’s" activity. All the "big sisters" were lined up across from the "little sisters" and when their name was called the "big sisters" gave the "little sisters" a poster, a welcome into young women’s gift, and a big hug. The Bishop talked about the importance of Personal Progress and then gave the "big sisters" Young Women’s necklaces to put onto the Achievement Day girls. It was so cute, and so special. I cried.

*Michelle (an awesome member who always is willing to help us teach lessons) got her mission call to Taipei! She opened it after church and the whole ward was there to support her. It reminded me of when I opened mine, and how you guys were there to support me. It was so touching I started to cry.

*Sister Huang the Relief Society President and I had a mini meeting after church about the less active members of our ward. I told her everyone we had contacted and went and visited that week. We did it all in Chinese and I cried for joy. It was so surreal, and I felt so blessed that I could communicate all that important stuff to her.

Can you guys see why Sunday was my favorite day? :)

The Lord is really blessing this ward, and I am excited to be able to be here for a while to see it grow even more.

One more highlight from this week:

Zi Yun is a cute little student I met one of my first weeks here in Taiwan. :) I contacted her while we were getting dinner one night with Sister Lew. I invited her to church and to english class. She came to church that week. Because she is really busy we can only meet with her once a week. Every Friday at 5:30 is our set time. We asked her to start reading the Book of Mormon from the beginning. We had been checking up on her all week to see how she was doing and she said she had been reading. When we met with her this friday, we asked her where she was in her Book of Mormon reading and she told us she was in 1 Nephi: 19! We were shocked. :) Only because she is so busy? It was just a testimony to me that the Book of Mormon is worth making time for and it will change your life if you read it. She had been marking it and everything. It was so exciting. I don’t know how this came up but a wonderful member asked her if she wanted to serve a mission. She said yes! I was floored. I was so excited to hear her say that. The first time I met her she asked for my Facebook, and I gave her my blog instead. She has been reading all this time, and I guess she really likes my letters home. She is changing. I can see it on her face, and in her countenance.

I love being a missionary. I love my ward. I love my investigators. I love that you love hearing about it. I love that this message is worth going all the way to Taiwan, and missing out on my family doing fun things with my family. ha

"A mission is leaving your family for two years to help another family be with theirs for eternity."

Read the Book of Mormon this week. More then once.

Love you all, Miss you all.

Love Sister Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment