Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Week 9

Hiya family!

It was such a good week this week. The weather was awesome, I love my companion, my teachers are great, my district is cool... I’m a really lucky Sister Missionary.

I leave for Taiwan in just 2 weeks, and even though I’m really excited; I don't wanna go... ha I love it here! I learn so much everyday, and I like my routine. ha The only thing that I can’t stand is the food. I lasted 9 weeks liking the food and now I hate it with a passion. The only meal I like is breakfast because I get to have a bagel but other then that I dread meal times. ha

Anyways, let me tell you about Wednesday. It was my favorite day.

Morning: Woke up, studied, had my bagel, planned for my investigator, and laughed a lot with Sister Jorgensen.

Afternoon: Hosted! That means that I got to go to a meeting about how to help the new missionaries get settled in and get their books, and then go to class. I got two sisters. One was from Hawaii, and the other was from Samoa. Both of them hardly spoke any English, and they were shy but smiley. :) It was so great getting to help them out and hear their stories. I have seen them a couple of different times and they both run up and give me big hugs. It’s cute. (Well let’s be real, I run up and give them big hugs, and they just smile and tap my back. haha)

Mid afternoon: We were in class and some random guy asked Sister Jorgensen and I if we could teach the new missionaries that night and we said yes. We quickly prepared a lesson plan, and then we got to go to dinner early.

Night: We got to teach a new set of missionaries! I don’t even know if I told you but the first night you get here a group of missionaries all sit in a room and watch the demo missionaries (me and Sister Jorgensen), and then right as the lessons going awesome the missionaries are asked to leave and then the big group takes over and acts like one big companionship. Anyway we were both a little nervous but as soon as we got there in front of our investigator it was normal. We introduced ourselves, and asked how she was doing. Her name was Luwana and she was this sassy black chick. She was great, and we had a good time getting to know her, but she was a little standoffish and wouldn’t really open up. Anyways we just basically got to know her. Somehow it came up that she had cancer and that’s why she had time to meet with the missionaries. Of course I just started balling, and told her about how my grandma had just passed away. We talked to her a little bit about how God is our Heavenly Father and that he loves us. She said that she wanted to learn more about that and that she believes in God, but she doesn’t know that he loves her. We got cut off at a really good point, but the rest of the lesson was "epic". That was the feedback we got from the instructors.

Anyways. Really long story, and I feel like I didn’t even do it justice. Having that experience taught me that God loves his children, and that the gospel can cater to anyone no matter what their situation. He intended it to be that way. It’s for us because he loves us, and if we let him in and allow him to guide us we will be blessed.

I love being a missionary, because I get to love people like Jesus would if he was here.

I Love you guys! Have a great Easter!

Love, Sister

No comments:

Post a Comment