Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Week 8

Hi Everyone!

Last night we had a great musical fireside and the Men’s BYU chorus came and sang to us. At one point they had a member out of the choir come and tell us his conversion story and he was from Taiwan! It was so cool. He is a translator for the MTC and for the church. :) He had all the Mandarin speakers stand up and he told us that we were lucky to go to Taiwan, and that we need to be patient with our investigators. So cool! We got to talk to him last night, and he was actually from my mission! He said that he would be there at the end of April and that he is putting me in charge of "covering his mom".


Guys I have just about 3 weeks left, and this is starting to get real. I am going to Taiwan?? A couple nights ago I had a dream about me just talking to a bunch of kids my age who didn’t have the gospel and I could understand them, but I couldn’t really talk back, but I wanted to get to know them and where they were in their lives, and try and be their friend, but I couldn’t because my Chinese was terrible. I woke up that next morning with this huge resolve to be more diligent, and study as much as I can before I leave.


We got to teach 4 lessons this week, and they just keep getting better and better, I feel like I am understanding how to teach to their needs more, and the Lord is blessing me with every aspect of my lessons. It’s so cool, and I love being able to learn and grow from him. Sister Jorgensen and I are a great team, and I love her guts. It’s such a blast studying and teaching with her. :)


Ok so this Saturday night I had a party with my girls! I individually invited each companionship and I told them that they had to call me and RSVP. They totally all did and it was awesome! :) Sister Becky Ghiz sent me a fun package with Chips and Salsa and candy and other stuff so we ate that for our party. It was so much fun! I also used the glow sticks you sent me and they were a hit. We had a blast. I’m sending pictures soon.


Ok so one thing I wanted to share really quick was that I have learned a lot about prayer this week! President Bertasso showed us in John 16 where he taught the apostles how to pray, and it was really cool. He said that we are supposed to pray specifically and that if we do so then the Lord will bless us. I have started doing that this week, and have started having really sincere and earnest prayers and the difference is amazing! Also this week during companionship study we talked about the word Amen. When we close with amen it means that Jesus agrees with what we have said. How cool! That has helped me be more sincere in my prayers and has helped them become so special!

Guys I love being a missionary. Sometimes its hard, but it’s such a huge blessing and I am learning and growing so much. I love you all!! Thanks for the love, prayers and support. Have a good week everyone! I’m sending a tape today.


3 Nephi 18:21


Love Sister Camilleeee


Mom thanks for the Scripture. I did remember your favorite I was just making sure. :)


P.S. Molly left this week, and on the same day Chantelle got to the MTC. Fun huh

1 comment:

  1. Hi Miss Teresa! I can't even imagine how full your heart must be with every post you out up on Camille's blog. I can't even wait to read each new post and see how she is growing and blossoming. I wanted to thank you for doing this, I know how busy she is and it is so nice to keep up on things.
    Is there anything that she needs? We are going to put a little package together for her as a family for FHE on Monday.
    Let me know if there are any specific things she could use or wants =)
    Hope all is well with your family - we look up to you guys a lot!!

    Lots of Love,

    Nicole Beal

    ReplyDelete