Thursday, April 28, 2011

Week 10

Hi Family!!

Ok so you guys are probably wondering why in the world you didn’t hear from me and it’s because my p-day changed! The whole MTC is on a different schedule now. Sorry that I couldn’t warn you guys. We went to the temple early early this morning and it was so beautiful all lit up. It was my last day at the Temple for about a couple of months. It was weird to think about it, but I’m grateful I got to go when I could.


Ok soooo.... Another crazy thing happened this week. Sister Jorgensen went home. She left on Saturday, and it was cleared by the Missionary Department that she needed to go home on medical release. It has been weird without her. The last day she was here we dressed up as identical twins, and it was so much fun. The pictures are adorable. I can’t wait for you to get them. :) (Blue pinstriped shirt. yellow skirt, red shoes, blue tights, and the same headband.) Ok so that means that my new companions are Sister Yancey and Sister Reid. I am back in my old district, and in pilot program again for my last week in the MTC. It’s been a roller coaster here. I didn’t think that my experience was going to be like this, but I have had peace about it the whole time. I know that the Lord is aware of me and my needs and I know that He will take care of me.


It was so good hearing from you guys. It was such an intense week. I have been looking forward to your email. :) Can you believe it’s my last P-day? I still can’t believe it?


Elder Scott came this week for devotional! (I cant believe that was only a week ago, it seems like and eternity. ha) It was a surprise visit and so everyone was really excited! He gave such a powerful testimony of the Savior. It was an intimate and special time he had with the missionaries. He taught us from the scriptures and gave us lots of good advice. A couple of things he said: "The spirit will never prompt you to do something you can not do.... It would be out of harmony with Gods plan" "In order to do something that you have never before done, you must do things that you have never before done." He gave an apostolic blessing to all the missionaries and gave us the blessing of the Gift of Tongues. I started totally balling, because I needed that. I have missed class multiple times a day because of Sister Jorgensen’s doctor appointments and I was terrified that I wasn’t going to be able to learn Chinese, but after that blessing I have never felt more calm and peaceful about my mission language. I am so loved.


It sounds like you guys had an awesome Easter! I wish I could have been there, but you know... I’m here. ;) We actually had a really good time too! I made everyone gather their Easter eggs from all the Easter packages they got and we had a zone Easter egg hunt! Elder Thatcher and Elder Baker hid them all, and all 31 of us got to find some eggs. It was so much fun, and everyone had a great time. After the hunt everyone said "Thanks Mom" and it was really funny. ha Other than that it was a typical Sunday. No special speakers or stuff like that. It was special though because of the spirit and everyone’s intense love for the Savior and his work. It was one of my favorite Easters. Thanks for the Easter Package! It was so fun! I used all my candy to fill the eggs for the hunt and everyone loved it. Thanks for thinking of me.


I love you guys so much! Thanks for keeping me updated on life, and when I have more time, I’m gunna write to you all.


Mom here are the answers to your questions:

Skirt-Any bright fun color you want. I don’t want black anymore. It’s too boring.

Shoes- Bright color size 8ish

Tapes- It’s going to be good to get a new player. We need to make sure that we get to talk to each other all the way across the world.


I can’t think of anything else that I need? If I do, I'll write you a letter today so we can get it taken care of.


It’s been such an amazing experience here. I have felt so loved and supported, and I have learned so so much. I am so excited to go to Taiwan and to let people know that there is purpose to life and that God wants us to be happy. It’s amazing how much our Father in Heaven loves us and I see it everyday. :)


Pay attention to the things that keep repeating themselves in your life. I have found that it is God trying to tell you something. :) He loves us and wants to talk to us. Listen carefully, pay attention and he always answers your prayers.


I love being a missionary, and I love this work!


Have a great week!! Talk to you guys on the phone soon! xoxo

Love Sister Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment