Monday, May 16, 2011

Week 13 - I'm in Taiwan!

So much has happened this week, I feel like I have been here a month. :)

Ok so first off SOO good to hear from everyone. I have been faithfully taping to you guys everyday, and so I have a tape ready to send out. Delan, Paige, Kade, Mom and Dad I have responses to all your questions later. I’ll talk to you them on the tape. :)

Ok where to Start?

*Wednesday night we came home a little gecko on our wall. We caught him and named him Pascal? (from Tangled) and then let him loose out side.

*Ovalitne Boba’s are my favorite treat and when we work really hard Sister Lew and I get rewarded.

*The fruit in Taiwan is incredible. The pineapple tastes like candy, and that’s another thing we can’t seem to get enough of.

*Living in an apartment with 4 sisters is a blast. We have so much fun! In the mornings and nights we are all constantly laughing our heads off. I can already tell you that I’ll have some great stories to send home. One fun thing we do is sing together as an apartment at the beginning of companionship study. We all actually sound terrific and it’s so fun harmonizing and sounding oh so good.

*We went bowling today for a zone activity. The bowling alley is a 1 min walk from our apt and there is a huge bowling pin outside. (That is how I know we are home.) :)

*The weather this week has actually been amazing. And by amazing I mean sweat your guts out hot. There was only one day this week where it rained a little bit. Its been nice that I haven’t had to get drenched on, but the little rainstorm that we did have was fun. :)

*Personal Study had been a highlight of my week. At the beginning of my mission Pres. Bishop gave us our own copy of the Book of Mormon and had us do the little activity in Preach My Gospel about highlighting your scriptures. So cool! I have learned so much. 1 Nephi 9:6, 15:11, 16:29 15:8 are some scripture that comes to mind. So great. So powerful.

Ok! Soooo

We have met so many people this week! The Lord has some big plans for this area because people are falling into our laps like manna from the heaven. Our days are jammed packed with lessons and everywhere in between we are contacting and calling our investigators.

We have met new investigators that have come to English class randomly, we have met them in cafes eating dinner, on the road waiting to pass the train tracks as a train passes by, getting an ovaltine boba, and bumping into them while accidentally taking a wrong turn. It’s so incredible how much the Lord is willing to bless us. We just talk to everyone!

We have a couple of investigators that are really cute and special that we have been working with this week.

(None of these people will have names because I don’t know them and you guys cant read Chinese anyways. haha)

We went and saw a Blind lady and we committed her to baptism, we had a great lesson with her and we had a member there as well. She sorta lives out in the country and so it was a pretty bike ride to her house. I am so excited to keep meeting with her because she is so humble and willing to keep her commitments.

Meng Jiemei is a dream! She is a cute young mom from China, and is GOLDEN. We have extended so many commitment to her and she is also so willing and so humble to listen and obey, it’s been great seeing her change, and she just glows every time we meet with her.

Shi Dixong. This guy is amazing. His wife is a recent convert of a couple of months, and she is already the primary president. We had an incredible lesson with him last night. He just raves about the changes he sees in his wife since she got baptized and he wants that same thing for him. He is such a sweet man with a sweet heart and I’m excited to tell you more about him next week.

I am almost out of time. I took a long time to write Audrey today because she is getting married in just a couple of days, and needed to give her some sisterly advice.

Mom-I am so sorry that you haven’t been feeling well! I know you will find a dress. It’s going to work out perfectly. I’ll make sure to pray extra hard that things all work out like they are supposed to. Don’t you guys dare stress out too much and ruin the magic of the wedding because everyone is grumpy from no sleep and a delusional perspective of perfection. ok? It will be perfect no matter what. It’s Audrey we are talking about ok? Her life is like a fairy tale remember? ha Mom you have done such a good job and all your hard work is going to pay off.

Ok I gotta go now. I am so sorry this was so short! I promise to do better next week. I love you guys so much and thank you so much for all the letters. The lord is everywhere! I’m so grateful to be a missionary. I love this work. there is nothing more important for me in my life right now. xoxoxoxo

Love Camma

No comments:

Post a Comment