Sunday, March 13, 2011

Week 3


Hi family!!

I sent out a tape on Saturday with pictures and a little note, so hopefully you guys get it mid week. :) It sounds like it was such a great week for everyone! Can you believe that we have a sister who is now engaged? So crazy. I don't have too much time to write cause I watched the Audrey’s video and looked at the pictures for forever, but I am SOOO glad that you sent them. Made my day!

Here is my week in a nutshell:

Sister Lethco and I got a new investigator. We are now teaching two different people, and we have a lesson once a day in Chinese. It’s intense but it’s making me stretch so that's good. :)

I saw James Sullivan! He’s getting married in September to a girl form his mission - it was great bumping into him.

This week was kinda rough. Our schedule was crazy, and they loaded us up with Chinese, so naturally that created a lot of stress. ha there was one girl, whose mom sent her a package full of sweets that day, so in the middle of language study we just broke down, and all ate chocolate covered pretzels until we felt better. ha (doing much better today. devotionals always seem to fix your hard weeks. ha)

My favorite meal this week was toasted peanut butter and jelly with celery sticks. Yum, yum.

Its been raining the last couple of days, and its been kinda fun to wake up in the mornings to everything all cloudy and rainy.

Boy I miss you guys! I love it here, but I wanna talk to you all the time, and I don't feel like 30 min gets me any where with my emails. ha I wish I could just call you. Anyways. Only 7 min left –gotta hurry.

Like I said this week was kinda rough, I was kinda expecting that though. ha My teacher said that he read a quote by C.S. Lewis, "If you haven't seen the devil lately yet, then he’s just around the corner." idk something like that. This week was a down week, but I am so grateful for all the lessons I have learned. Its taught me to rely on the lord, and that no matter what I still have to create an atmosphere for the spirit because if I don't have his help, then I am helpless. I don't learn Chinese, I can’t teach, and I can’t be lead to know what to study for my self or for my investigators. Hopefully I won’t have a bummer week for a while, cause they just aren't worth it. Thank goodness for my district. Instead of breaking down and crying we all break down and laugh. The elders we have are so cute. I'm so glad they are in our group.

One thing that I have been thinking a lot about is that sacrifice brings blessings. One of the devotional speakers said: the way I sacrifice will change my mission, and the mission will change my life. I'm doing my best, and trying my hardest to become the type of missionary the lord wants me to become. Even though sometimes it’s really hard, it’s totally, totally worth it. I'm sorry I don't have more time to write. I’ll start and send another tape this week. I love you all soo, soo much. I’ll do better at writing and telling you all the details. Be nice to one another, and remember that prayer is a way that we let our heavenly father direct our lives. :) (That is what we have been teaching brother Lin) ha

Love you all!!!

xoxo

Sister Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment