Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Week 2

The MTC has been a blast this week. I have prayed my guts out to be optimistic, and the lord really has helped me out. I have been in a great mood all week, and that has really helped me with teaching and learning Chinese. I started reading characters this week! That so far has been my favorite part. My comp and I got another investigator and that has been good. His name is Brother Lee, and he is an electrical engineer. My companion and I have grown closer and so that has helped a lot in our teaching, and just chillen around our room, and stuff. :)

One thing I have learned about here is hope. In preach my gospel no page 117 it has a little paragraph on Hope; I promise as you read and study that you will be comforted, and that you will know how to get more guidance about things in your life that you are feeling discouraged about. One thing that I get to work on is “believing and expecting that something will occur.” As a missionary I know that as I try my hardest, and have hope, that the Lord will step in and take care of the rest.

I really am learning so much. Not just about missionary work but also about myself, how to better manage my time, goal setting, being self-motivated, Chinese, how to teach, and how to deal with other people.

I started a tape for you guys, and so all my cool stories are on there! ha I saw nanny and papa at the temple today, and that was awesome. :)

Ok fun little things about the mtc:
• My whole zone always eats together at the best table in the cafeteria, and meal times are like one big party.
• The elders always hold the doors open for us and when ever that happens there is always a thank you/your welcome exchanged in your mission language.
• Temple walks are the best part about Sundays (which I’m going to tell you about in my tape).
• I’m not getting fat here, even though I’m still paranoid about it. Haha

I will have to take pictures of all the cool places at the MTC. We are doing laundry later today so I will show you what that looks like. The bookstore is really cool room so maybe I will show you that.

I love you ALLL and thanks so much for writing me!!! Stay happy and be good. We are so so blessed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment