Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Week 41 - I’m really happy...





Dec 7

Its almost Christmas time. Its weird randomly hearing Christmas music in 7/11...

I just got back from the Temple and it was so great. I got to go with my new cute companion Sister Chen, and I just loved every moment of today. The Temple was beautiful, and warm and it was the greatest Christmas present ever.

I have a lot to catch up guys up on considering all the new changes!

My Companions name is Chen Xuan Fan... She is 30 years old (doest look like it huh?) and just got done being trained. She doest speak any English and so we communicate in Chinese. The first day my brain hurt so bad, but its getting better and better. Its a huge blessing I get to have this chance again to really study Chinese. She’s great. We get along great, and she’s such a great missionary. I love her. Every night before we go to bed we say.... "Today I was grateful you were my companion because..." Its a great time I can just love her guts out.

Here is the week in a nutshell:

Tuesday: Sister Exchanges! I went with Sister Zheng and had a blast. During language study she taught me how to write all sorts of random things in Chinese and it felt like we had been companions forever. She was great. It was so much fun.

Wednesday: My companion and I were invited to Zone Leader council... That is where all the Zone Leaders get together and they talk about mission stuff and get trained. Sister Ribgy and I were able to share a miracle story. As well receive all sorts of inspiring direction from our loving mission president. We talked a lot about numbers and why key indicators are important. I know that means nothing to you guys but it really helped me understand how to be a better missionary and so I was really grateful.

Thursday: Our apartment had Christmas under the Christmas tree. We did Sister Swap and each pulled a name. I was so happy I cried and we all basically said goodbye. I am so grateful to know those girls. They will forever be my friends.

Friday: Sister Tans trainee came! She is great she went to BYU Hawaii and so her English is great. It was really fun having Sister Bryce tag along for the day as well as having a 5 sister sleep over for a couple of days. :) On the way home from Zone Leader Council we met an adorable little girl on the bus. Her English name is BeBe. We were able to go to her house on Friday night and meet her. She was raised Christian, and so had a great understanding about just about everything. She has agreed to get baptized on Christmas Eve. How perfect right? It was a miracle and we were thrilled.

Saturday: Was good. Can’t even remember what happened?

Sunday: Chen Li Fen and BeBe came to church! It was such a happy Sunday. Sister Rigby was able to say goodbye to the ward. We were really sad that Ren Mama couldn’t come... She didn’t say why though? We were confused and irritated and sad that she wouldn’t communicate with us and so we decided to go and visit her that night. We know that God is really looking out for this woman because right as we showed up she was about to take her dying son to the hospital. It was so sad. I just started crying. She was balling. He was dying, and just being in the situation was over whelming... We took turns praying. We cried together, and Sister Rigby and I sang hymn after hymn until the ambulance came. Right before the ambulance came he went unresponsive. It was really sad. She still is at the hospital and we don’t really know what’s quite going on, but we are keeping her in our prayers and just really asking that things will be ok and she will be comforted. We have been able to pray over the phone with her and she seems to be doing good.

Monday: I picked up my adorable companion.

Tuesday: We had a great proselyting day and hit almost every one of our goals. She’s great. :)

I’m really happy and really blessed. I am feeling extra warm recently just thinking about how lucky I am to be where I am serving the Lord while my friends and family are supporting me back home. Thanks for all your love and prayers. I really love you guys, and I love serving the Lord.

143

Sis Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment