Monday, June 13, 2011

Week 17

P-day with her district.


Me and Sister Lew at the cave.


Beautiful

Peace Out!

Jumping picture with some girls we met at the beach.

My Bike!

Primary President and Family
Can you believe it? It is going by so fast!

I only have one more week with my trainer. Transfers are this next week, and so I will probably be getting a new companion. Sister Lew has been in the area for 71/2 months, so I bet she is getting moved. Its the last transfer before she goes home back to America! So crazy. We have had a great week though. Let me tell you about it.

First off we moved. It was weird at first not coming home to the other sisters, but I actually really like it now. I feel like I am on vacation. Our apartment is right next to the church at the top of a big hill and high school. :) Erica and Clinton are two English teachers in my ward, and they live in the same building as us. It’s fun having them close. They actually invited us over for Sunday dinner and we had american hamburgers and fries. It was awesome. Erica served a mission in Tokyo and so it was fun talking to her about Japan. How is Grandma Shiohama doing? Can I get her email so I can send her little messages every once in a while?

Anyways, next big thing was CTDM. Combined District Training Meeting. It was fun. Our whole zone got together and were trained by the zone leaders on how to better work with the members. I met Matt Porters best friend Colby Sandford. He is a really cool guy. It was fun talking to him. He wants Matts Mission home address, but I don’t have it. Audrey do you think you could send it to me? Thanks sweetie.

Dad!! Paige!! Happy Fathers Day!! Happy Birthday on Sunday!! I love you both very very much, and will be thinking of you! Please send me pictures. I can’t wait to see them. I hope you both have a fun day. It’s kinda fun that you get to share the holiday. Paige are you really turning 14? That’s so weird. I thought you were 14 this whole year. haha Nevermind.

Ok some other fun things:

I felt an earthquake during weekly planning. I was talking to Sister Lew, and she yelled: "Stop. That’s not normal." haha I was confused at first, but then I felt it. It was pretty cool. It was really really windy that day.

Sister Exchanges are tomorrow. That means I travel to a different area and I am with a different companion for a day. Kinda fun huh? :) I’ll tell you all about it next week.

Ok so here is the really good news. :)

We have a baptism this week!! Shi Dixong passed his baptism interview and he is getting baptized Saturday night! I am so excited. :) He went from atheist to having a strong testimony of God, the Book of Mormon, and the Plan of Salvation. It is incredible. It has been so cool to see the transformation. Sister Lew baptized his wife last move call and so she gets to see this whole family get baptized before she leaves the area. He is such a good dad, and is going to be such a strong leader in the church. Because of his work, it’s always a guessing game if he is going to work on Sundays or not. We had been praying all week that he wouldn’t get called into work so he could go to church and we were at his house when we got the phone call. We were all waiting and crossing our fingers. As soon as he got off the phone, he said " I don’t have to work until Monday." We all yelled and gave him high fives. It was really cool. It just showed to me how much faith this family has. So fun this week he went out and bought a whole new Sunday clothes that he wore to church yesterday. White shirt, black pants, and a tie. It was so fun to see him all dressed up. I’m really excited to tell you all about it next week.

Two other short success stories:

You remember the old grandma that had all the missionary friends from the 1980's? We went over to her house to check on her, and her Daughter in Law was there with her kids and inactive husband. (He is so inactive that he didn’t know he was a member even though he knows he was baptized as a little kid.) Anyways, they all came to church on Sunday and stayed all three hours! We have a lesson with them tonight and I am really excited to go and teach them.

Yu Jin. She is the cutest thing ever. 18 years old, works at a Stationary store, and loves loves young womens. She is such good friends with all of the girls. We taught her all the lessons in two days. She has her baptismal interview this Saturday, and is getting baptized next Saturday. :) Incredible right?

I love my mission! I am so happy that I can be here, and can be meeting these people. They are changing my life.

This morning I read a conference talk that said:

"Our greatest personal challenge in the mortality is to become a saint through the atonement of Christ."

So true! I have been studying a lot about becoming a saint It takes a lot of hard work. It requires humility, patience, faith, prayer, fasting, being submissive, full of love, meek, repentance and so much more. All my investigators are such good examples to me because they are such good examples of all of these things. I love them. Thanks for supporting me. I love you all so very very much.

Have a great week!!

Love, Camille aka Sister Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment