Monday, March 28, 2011

Week 6

Ok.... This. week. was. nuts!


I have a new companion, and I am not in the Pilot program anymore.


There were some emotional issues going on between a companionship and it was so intense that the district presidency had to get involved. The first half of the week everyone was on edge thinking it was going to be "them" who was getting switched but it ended up being all of us. President Baker sent a fax to the Zone Leaders Thursday night, and I was pulled out of class so I could be aware of the change before they announced it to the zone. One of the Sisters was having extreme anxiety over one of her teachers, and so her and I switched spots. I miss my district, and my teachers, and my companion, and my investigators, and the curriculum of the pilot program. I have a list of things to talk to you guys about on a tape, because an email doesn’t even do my week justice. ha Even though my world has been turned upside down, I have managed to be ok. I know that the Lord knows much better then we do, and me being yanked out of everything familiar and having to start over is good practice of what it is going to be like in the field. I keep telling myself that it is just like a transfer. :) I know that there is a lot to learn from my new companion and my new district. They have a totally polar schedule and way of learning the gospel, but that just makes me even more grateful for my first 6 weeks in the MTC. Guys I am half way done! Can you believe it? :) I don’t feel ready for it to be half way, but it's good cause I get to vamp up my studies. ha


Other things that happened this week:


*Both of my investigators agreed to be baptized. I moved right after committing both of them. Sad, but I’m glad that I had a chance to learn and grow with them. So cool. :) (My new district doesn’t teach. We are just in class all day. It’s so different. More details to come.)


*We moved rooms! So in the midst of high intense emotion we had to switch rooms. It was such a crazy week. : /


*I am a MTC celebrity. haha The speaker at Sunday night devotional asked someone to read a couple vs. of scripture and I was right by the mic and so I decided to volunteer. I have had soo many people stop me and say stuff like: "Oh good job reading" "Oh I like your necklace you were wearing" "Oh you were that girl from devotional" haha soo funny. It wasn’t a big deal, but I guess here at the MTC it’s a big deal.


*I met a missionary from Ukraine and we got to talking. Come to find out we know a lot of the same people and it was so fun getting to talk to him.


Sorry if any of this situation was unclear. Ask me questions and I would love to clarify. :)


Like I said before; this week was nuts. But even amongst all the craziness of be changing companions, being the coordinating sister that all the girls talked to about their feelings and about their situation, and still being Camille and trying to adjust to the big changes. I have felt so loved and supported. Even though I can’t see the end right now, I know that Heavenly Father is there for me, and that he is aware of my situation. In the missionary handbook it says something like "first turn to the Lord if you have any problems" rough paraphrase... but I had been telling my girls that all week when we were unsure who was going to move, and then when it ended up being me it was comforting to know that I had a testimony of what I had been telling them. Oh you guys I feel like I sound so cheesy! :) Just know that I am still loving it here at the MTC even though some things that have come my way where unexpected.


All the new missionaries get here Monday! I get to do orientation with them, and I am so excited to have them come. :) Mom thanks for offering to send something for my calling if needed. If you wanna have someone in Utah send something fun for them for their first week that would be awesome. :) If not, no worries, just a suggestion.


Ok I’m out of time. I LOVE YOU GUYS! Thanks for all the dear sisters, and letters, and tapes, and packages. I am so spoiled. Read the scriptures it will make you feel better. Pray for each other... that will make you feel better too.


Have a great week! suuuuuuure love ya! :)

Love Sister Camille Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment