Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Week 15






We Match!

My companion is signing up for classes at BYU right now, and its so funny hearing her squeal about how weird it is. haha Love her.

I love you guys!

Ok first things first.

I get on to email about 10:30ish our time. Idk what that is your time. Next week we are going to an island, so emailing will be different. Rad huh? We are going with the other sisters we live with, and I’m so excited.

The size letters I got in the MTC were perfect. Maybe you could write and do smaller emails so I have more time to write you guys back. We will get a grove going on, it’s still only by 4 pday,

I am doing things, I have never done before. The Lord is totally watching out for me, and helping me accomplish things I couldn’t with out his help. This week has been such a treat. We had mission conference, and it was so fun! We had to wake up at 2:30 to be ready to get on our bus around 4:00am so we could make it up to Taichung for the conference. We slept on the way up there, but it was still exhilarating being with all these missionaries. :) Oh ya. I saw Elder Carter. He was on my bus. He seems to be doing great.

Elder Jay Jensen came to talk to us and gave some amazing advice about learning from the scriptures. He also instructed us how to better teach by the spirit, and how both combined could have such a powerful effect in our work. We had assigned seats for some reason, and I got to sit front row. I came with a couple "soul questions" and by the end of our meeting the spirit helped me answer all of them. Personal revelation is so powerful and I am learning more and more about it, as I see how it affects my personal life, my companionship, and the members that we teach.

Sunday was probably my favorite day this week. Sister Lew and I had 13 investigators to church. 13?? Such a blessing, can you believe it? She said it was an all time mission high for her, and a good feeling I could compare it too, is like seeing how many friends come to your birthday party or something. ha Right now we have 19 progressing investigators, and 7 that are getting baptized in just a couple of weeks. The numbers don’t matter. The Lords has prepared these people long before we contacted them, and now we just get the privilege of helping them get the rest of the way. We call them all everyday, and I feel like I get to talk to my own family on the phone. These people are amazing and they all have different needs, and wants and desires, but they are all working towards the same goal, and its been such a blessing being able to see them progress.

Elder Bednar came to Taiwan this weekend to talk to the youth and we were able to go via technology! He was up in Taipei It was a question and answer setting, and one of our youth got to ask him a question! Technology is amazing isn’t it? Pres. Bednar reminded us that technology isn’t progressing to merely progress, but to better spread the gospel. Really cool. He had a common theme of being an agent and not an object, and we are "to act on not be acted upon" (insert scripture reference I cant remember/find). He talked about this in correlation with faith, and our prayers. Faith is an action of power. Usually we pray for the power to act, but we rather should act and then the power of faith will follow. So powerful, so cool. And it changed the way I do missionary work. With the things I learned from Elder Jensen I have a better understanding about my purpose and how that helps me better take care of my investigators and how I can better fulfill the Lords work in the Lords way.

Boy I wish I had more time to tell you all the details of the week.

Miranda you had a crazy weekend. Thanks for taking the time to type it all out. I have things to say. I’ll tape em to you. :)

Mom way to be. You work so hard, and it’s so impressive. I’ll take a picture of my bike today. I still haven’t made it ugly.

Dad I’m glad that you got to see your friends this weekend!

Delan The blind lady doesn’t have a guard dog. She has a friend that comes to her house and helps her out.

Paige I can’t wait for your letter.

Kade your shirt sounds so cool, and the pool pictures were awesome.

I gotta go, but quickly this is what my senses are telling me:

Seeing: Fireworks going off in the middle of the day. Funny huh. ha

Hearing: The garbage truck. He sounds like the ice cream man. haha People come out and throw their trash away.

Smelling: Fruit stands! The fruit here is amazing!

Feeling: Gods grace helping me get through everyday. Sore legs!

I love you all so much. We saw so many miracles this week, and its all because the Lord loves his children. We just happen to be desiring to do his will, and that allows us to be in the right place and the right time. It’s so incredible. Have a great week everyone, and keep having family scripture study. It’s changed my life.

Love,

Sister Camille Lee

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Sounds like Sister Lee has dove right in! Glad she got to see KJ. I know he was looking forward to seeing her.

    ReplyDelete